Friday, October 13, 2023

Linda Pullman, 75

Wellsville, NY – Linda Pullman, 75, of East Fassett Street, passed away on Wednesday, October 11, 2023, at home peacefully in her sleep. She was born on October 26, 1947, in Hornell, the daughter of the late Dr. James and Johanna (Blaas) Pullman. 

Linda was raised in Hornell and was a 1965 graduate of Hornell High School. She continued her education at Elmira College and the University of Michigan where she earned her BA in Psychology, her RN degree from Alfred State College, Bachelor of Nursing from D’Youville University, and finally her master’s in nursing from the University of Buffalo in 1996. Throughout her education she pursued her medical career, starting with Jones Memorial Hospital in 1983 as an emergency room, floor, and primary care clinic nurse, and later found her focus as a Nurse Practitioner at Martin Street Medical, for 24 years, before retiring in 2019. Outside of her dedicated medical career, she was very involved with the local community as member of the Wellsville Tree Board, board member of the Allegany ARC, board member of Homecare & Hospice, and board member of the Hornell Campfire Girls, for many years. She was also passionate about architectural preservation, street trees, swimming, and gardening.

She is survived by: two sons, Tobias (Jennifer RuraLKay) Basiliko of Carnation, WA and Nathan (Dana Willson) Basiliko of Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada; daughter in law Joanna Dickinson of Grand Island, NY, seven grandchildren, Lukacz, Cleopatra, Persephone, Silas, Finn, Brooke, and Eli; three brothers, Joseph “Joe” (Ellen Ketchum) Pullman of Truxton, NY, John (Sue) Pullman of Cardwell, MT, and William “Bill” (Tamara) Pullman of Los Angeles, CA; two sisters, Helena (Paul) Bunker of Sinking Spring, PA, Johanna (David) Jaffer of San Jose, CA; sister-in-law, Terry Pullman of Arkport, NY; good friend, Christopher Depner M.D. of Wellsville; as well as several niece and nephews. In addition to her parents she was predeceased by: a son, Caleb Basiliko in 2018 and a brother, James Pullman. 

Friends are invited to call on Wednesday, October 18, 2023, from 4 – 7 pm at the Grace United Church, 289 North Main Street, Wellsville, NY 14895. There will be a private graveside service at the family’s convenience. Burial will be in Hornell Rural Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, please consider memorial donations to the Wellsville Tree Board c/o Board President Susan Duke, 222 Scott Avenue, Wellsville, NY 14895. To leave online condolences please visit www.embserfuneralhome.com.

23 comments:

  1. My sympathy goes out to all of Linda’s family. She was a great person who always had a smile on her face. She never met someone who was not eventually her friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so blessed to have had her as my care provider!! I really felt I was with a friend not a provider. She served as an Election Inspector as well! I will surely miss you. She was a beautiful person inside & our. Prayers for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My condolences, I loved Linda and missed her when I had to switch doctors. When I would see her in the stores it was always a delight to talk to her. I have many fond memories of her office. Including the fish tank, and tigger the stuffed animal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer Jones AllenOctober 13, 2023 at 6:14 PM

    I remember all the talks we had as she was my Candy Stripee! She is loved and will be missed by many. Fly high Linda rest easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very sorry to learn of Linda’s death. A true professional in healthcare plus a wonderful individual. Condolences to family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda was the first medical professional that I saw on my own as a teenager and then as an adult. She always listened to me, cared what I had to say, and explained things to me in a way I could understand. When I moved away, I compared all future nurse practitioners and doctors to her. She set a high standard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about Linda. She was my mom’s nurse practitioner for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I first met Linda in the ER while fulfilling my clinical skills as part of my EMT training. She was a great mentor, and skilled tutor. RIP, Linda.
    My condolences to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. May God bless her family and loved ones. She was a wonderful person who will be greatly missed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. May God bless her family and loved ones. Linda was an amazing person who will be missed by all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am saddened to read this. I knew Linda when she was very active with Camp Fire. She was a wonderful person and so many will miss her. Prayers and condolences to the family. How blessed to have known her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My sympathies for the bereaved families and Nate Basiliko for their loss. It must be the caring mother influence that Nate inherited a very kind nature. Never met Linda, but can imagine her streak of kindness in Nate! Rest in peace Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda will be be missed by many. She had so much compassion for her patients. Rest in peace..

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry to read of Linda's passing. I appreciated her so much as my contact in Dr Depners office. A lovely woman, with a great sense of humor and caring nature.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Even after more than sixty years, the lasting memory of Linda is that of a good person even as a high schooler. Calm, sincere, giving, kind. Her life was a reflection of these wonderful traits. My condolences to her family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Linda was my care provider for more than 20 years, but she was soo much more than that, I cried when she retired & I miss her & our talks so much. There is no one else like her, my heart hurts for right now, RIP to a legend ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  17. I worked with Linda for years and she became my NP. Linda was a wonderful nurse and person. She truly cared about everyone. She will be missed by so many. Prayers for her family, Linda was such a remarkable person.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thoughts and prayers of comfort to her friends and family. She was my care giver for many years and I missed her when she retired. She was so kind and caring, Wellsville was blessed to have her in the community!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Linda had such a generous spirit and courageous curiosity. My deepest sympathies to her family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sending heartfelt condolences to our good friends Nate, Dana, their children Finn and Brooke, and extended family. We were very lucky to meet Linda on a few occasions in Sudbury. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My deepest sympathy to Linda’s family. Two huge losses so close must be hard. My deepest sympathies.
    I have appreciated Linda for many reasons for many years. Now that I live in a big, anonymous city, I more appreciate what she did for all her patients who were real people in her life.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a loss for so many. Linda was always there for her patients when needed for some medical issues. I will never forget our political conversations of the last Presidential elections, nor the conversations at Tops on what snacks to take home. She loved her family dearly. My heart breaks for all of you.

    ReplyDelete