Monday, June 5, 2023

Marilyn P. Arnold, 78

Alma, NY – Marilyn P. Arnold, 78, of 261 Pump Station Road passed away on Saturday, June 3, 2023, at the Wellsville Manor Care Center. She was born March 8, 1945, in Wellsville, the daughter of the late Victor B. and Martha H. (Miller) Perkins. On September 19, 1964, in Wellsville she married Gary T. Arnold who predeceased her on March 4, 2017.

A 55-year resident of Alma, Marilyn was a stay-at-home mom, who enjoyed ridingher side by side on the hill looking for deer, going to her grandkids sporting events, and car racing, having dinner at the Texas Hot and the Modern Diner, and working on puzzles.  

She is survived by two sons, Kerry Arnold and his companion, Christine Hurd of Alma, and Chad Arnold and his companion, Alexis Monroe of Bradford, PA, four grandchildren, Amanda (Corey) Yeoman, Nick Arnold, Kyle Arnold, and Kailee Arnold, two great grandsons, Harrison and Dunkin Yeoman, a great granddaughter, Lily Yeoman, as well as several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased in addition to her parents and husband, by two sons, Jason and Chad Victor Arnold.

A private service is being planned, and the burial will be in Woodlawn Cemetery in Wellsville. Please consider a memorial donation to the SPCA Serving Allegany County. To leave online condolences, please visit www.embserfuneralhome.com.

4 comments:

  1. To Marilyn’s family,
    I was saddened when I noticed that Marilyn seemed to be gone at the Wellsville Manor. She and my mom, Marion Johnson, we’re roommates at Manor Hills so I saw her often. Then my mom was hospitalized and lost her ability to walk so she was sent to the Wellsville Manor fo re-hab and it’s where she still is today.
    When Marilyn was moved to the Manor I was at first surprised. I would talk with her every time I visited my mother 2-3 times each week.she remembered me and I always tried to help her when I could. I will miss her greatly. Please accept my sincere sympathy.
    Marlee Cannon,
    Daughter of Marion Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughts and prayer to the Arnold family and friends. I had the honor of caring for Marilyn and she will never be forgotten. I know we are not supposed to have favorites, but she was definitely one of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest in Peace, dear Marilyn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took care of Marilyn at Manor hills, she will be deeply missed by all the staff. We love you Marilyn..

    ReplyDelete